Friday, February 15, 2008

Speeding

Douglas County, as I see it, has a problem with speeding.  I see it when trying to turn out of the road I'm on onto Hwy 5.  The road I live on, however, has had a great improvement recently when it comes to speeding.  We've had problems for years--people thinking because part of our road is straight, they can race down it like it's the raceway at Indy. 

Recently I emailed the police department and got a response.  They would have an officer sit out on our street with a radar gun.  I never drive down our street, so I never know if the officer is there or not--but I can tell there have been days where he or she has been there.  And speeding has improved.  I can't remember the last day where I heard someone gunning their car  down the road.  It's a lot quieter.

So if your street has a problem with speeding, email the police on their website--I'm going to add a link to the bookmarks section to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment