Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Republican Candidate for BOC Chairman

His name is Igor Malanchuk.  You can find his website at http://www.igor2008.com.  He'll be running against Tom Worthan in the July 16 Republican Primary.  Some of the issues he brings up on his website (these are direct quotes):

"I wil end the 'good ol' boy' system that still exists in Douglas County.  I will represent the citizens not Special Interest."

"I will make sure that our existing parks and recreational facilities are provided the funding needed to bring these facilities up to community standards before we continue expanding to new facilities."

"I pledge to never seek a tax increase and will find ways to better utilize your tax dollars."

And here's the clincher for those who hate SPLOST:

"I will not support placing another SPLOST tax vote on the ballot.  We must pay as we go and avoid the expense of another long term debt."

"I will not support massive borrow and spend projects such as a YMCA, Horse and Dog Parks, or other special interest projects that waste our limited tax dollars and competes with privately owned businesses."

"I support tax incentives for local small businesses that are impacted by the competition of 'big box' companies so they have a fair chance of economic survival."

"I will work to find low cost solution to jail overcrowding while ensuring our citizens are protected."

No comments:

Post a Comment